Monday, December 20, 2010

It's the most WONDERFUL time of the year :)

I find it funny that my last post was titled "where does the time go" AND the fact that it was more than a month ago since I wrote. So once again I ask, where does the time go???? OMG CHRISTMAS IS IN A WEEK! This time of year is so incredibly exciting for me. My birthday and Christmas go hand and hand and I LOVE it!
People always tell me that it must be hard to have a birthday so close to Christmas.. That it kind of gets forgotten... But I would not have it any other way! Christmas time is my favorite time of year, so it is just a major bonus to me that my birthday falls during that time of year. Wouldn't you love getting to open presents for your bday - then 6 days later, get to open some more? Hehe. But really.. All material aspects put aside, the true SPIRIT of Christmas is the best thing to share with my birthday. It is a time to be so grateful for Jesus being born, and making the ultimate sacrifice so that we may be free! It's so easy to get caught up in the shopping and the wrapping and the baking, and to overlook the TRUE meaning. Yes, don't get me wrong, the hustle and bustle of all those things is VERY fun and exciting. As a matter of fact, I have a busy week ahead of me. Finishing Christmas shopping tomorrow, taking the kids to see Santa Tuesday, baking cookies at my Grandma's on Wednesday, Thursday free.. Then CHRISTMAS EVE! So yes, get excited about presents, get overjoyed by your kids innocence at visiting Santa, enjoy time with family making holiday goodies, but let's remember who is responsible for giving us all these blessings.

*For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life.* John 3:16

Be blessed and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by! :)