Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

FOUR months since my last post. Wow.

That is a tad bit sad. I feel like I write a "catch up" post a little too often. But hey. Life has a way of being busy. 

Today was a beautiful, wonderful day. I had a moment that stopped me in my tracks, and brought tears to my eyes. I was sitting with Taylor and she climbed into my lap and gave me a hug. I hugged her close and told her that I loved her so much, and that because of her and Wyatt I get to celebrate Mommy's Day and that I was so thankful for them.
In response, she told me "Mommy, I don't want to grow up." 
I said "Well why do you say that?"
-"I don't know." 
-"Well everybody grows up."
-"But will you still hold me like this and love me?"
Where does this girl come up with these questions?! I said of course baby, I will love you forever. 
-"Even when I am Paige's age?"
She loves her cousin Paige. She is 16, and drives a car, and still takes time to play Barbies with her. She is SO cool. ;)
-"Even when you are old baby, I will always love you." 
It brought tears to my eyes, and at that moment I remembered something my mom used to always tell me growing up.
"You will understand one day. You will be a mom and you will get it." 
I am here to say that I do get it. I never could have imagined how much love my heart could hold for another human being, how thankful I am to be called to raise my two babies. They light up my life and give me such joy and peace. With them I know that everything is alright. 
So on this day, I celebrate being a mom to two precious angels.
I celebrate my mom who has taught me and shaped me into who I am today, who constantly shows me the meaning of selfless love, in my life and my babies lives.
I celebrate my Grandma Clen and cherish each day I have to spend with her. 
I look forward to the day that I get to see Grandma Wetz again. I miss her more than words can describe.
I celebrate my Mom in law, for raising a wonderful, caring son and being a wonderful grandmother to my children.
I celebrate my Sister's in law, for being wonderful mothers, friends, and aunts.
I celebrate my friends, who have joined me on this wonderful journey, and those are soon to be joining me, congratulations. :)
I celebrate my cousin Shelley, who is like a sister to me, and is a wonderful mommy to her babies. I wish I lived about 200 miles closer to you!
And I celebrate you, any mom's out there who might be reading this, 
Happy Mother's Day to you all! I pray you have a blessed day. :)

(I love my family ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by! :)