Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A first...

Tonight was a first in my adventure as a momma...
John and I headed to New Braunfels this evening because he had a softball game. We decided to go to dinner with our friends Eric & Whitney before. On the way there, Taylor started complaining that her tummy hurt. Thinking she was just hungry I didn't give it too much thought. We went to the table, ordered, had just got our food when Tay said she had to go to the potty, quick! Well, I get up to walk her there and right there, in the middle of the restaurant.....she throws up. All over the floor, on both of our feet...
Oh.my.gosh. A thousand things ran through my mind in that split second.. "What on earth upset her stomach? Oh no, is it the stomach bug again? Is she going to do it again? Will these flip flops go in the washer?" (Yes I will admit I had a fleeting concern for my favorite pink flip flops)
Then I became keenly aware of the stares of everyone in the restaurant looking at us just standing there staring at the ground. And the lady less than a foot away looking like she might throw up too. I wanted to disappear into the ground...
Then mom rescue mode kicked in; I quickly grabbed a napkin, held it up for Tay in case she had to do it again, and rushed to the opposite side of the restaurant, praying the entire way we would make it to the bathroom..
We made it, but thankfully no more throwing up... We sat there in the bathroom, partially waiting to make sure it passed, and partially because I was waiting for the shock to wear off outside. Haha. I will never forget the look Tay gave me next. She looked up very pathetic and weak looking, she wrinkled those eyebrows and said "momma...if I am done throwing up now, can I still go to the ballpark" Oh she is her daddy's child. And I love them both more than I can express... I smiled and thought as mortifying as that moment was in the restaurant, I wouldn't trade this mommy moment for anything...
We walked back out, aware of the stares as we made our way back to the table, but it was OK... Things happen right :) 
We went on with the evening, spending time with great friends, and playing softball at the park...
Whatever it was passed as quickly as it happened and was left behind....there on the floor of Adobe Cafe. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by! :)