Wednesday, February 24, 2016

"I Love You Cheyenne"

So, it has been a LONG while since my last post. A very long while. However, I stumbled across a few posts that popped up on my "Facebook memories" and it made me miss writing. I miss journaling about the kids, and I really want to slow down a little to notice and remember different things that are going on. 

I say I want to slow things down as we are about to welcome our third little one, ha! We will see if I can keep up with blogging with a newborn in tow. :) She is part of the inspiration TO slow down though. I don't want to rush through life and miss it. Does anyone relate?

I have a few things I am changing up with the layout and the design of the blog, but if I keep waiting until it is "ready" I might not ever get a post out. So bear with me, as I will be making a few changes to it in the upcoming weeks! 

This picture right here is where I want this year's blogging to start.

This moment captures an entire 9 months of a story to tell. 

Wyatt placing his little hand on my belly and saying "I love you Cheyenne."

My heart melts. Both the kids have been so excited for the new baby. Taylor is thrilled to have a little sister that she can share her clothes with, and play dolls and barbies and princesses with. 
Wyatt is excited too, but he expresses it in a totally different way. When you talk about Cheyenne he gets this grin on his face, beaming ear to ear. He puts his hand on my belly and tries to figure out exactly which way she is laying. In the mornings before school he gives me a hug first, and then always gives Cheyenne a hug. He tells me "you take care of that baby while I am at school." 

I always knew I wanted to have my kids close in age so that they could grow up together and experience the same things at the same time. I honestly worried a little about having a bigger age gap between them and Cheyenne. But I will say having them a little older now, watching them throughout this whole pregnancy has made me so grateful and happy. They are so involved and I love that they get to really understand what is happening. God is so good, and I cannot wait to see them get to meet her for the first time. All of us for that matter. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by! :)